Discover Angela Carter's classic feminist retelling of favourite fairy tales interwoven by a master of seductive, luminous storytelling.
From familiar fairy tales and legends - Red Riding Hood, Bluebeard, Puss in Boots, Beauty and the Beast, vampires and werewolves - Angela Carter has created an absorbing collection of dark, sensual, fantastic stories.
Whether you're discovering these stories for the first time, or revisiting them after years away, The Bloody Chamber and Other Stories remains an astounding collection by one of the twentieth century's most exciting and original writers.
'Magnificent set pieces of fastidious sensuality' Ian McEwan, author of Lessons
'A quirky, original, and baroque stylist' Margaret Atwood, author of The Testaments
Featuring an introduction from award-winning short story writer Helen Simpson
- World Book Day
- International Literature Showcase
- Women's Prize for Fiction
- Writings from Rwanda
- The Big Jubilee Read
- National Novel Writing Month
- Books for Children and Young People – Debuts
- International Women's Day
- 2023 International Booker Prize Longlist
- Best Books of 2022 - UK Reviews & Sources
- World Book Night 2023
- Martin Amis
- See all